Hits: 2080

South African Child Travel Requirements

Please take note that Children under the Age of 18 travelling in and out of South Africa will be required to carry an unabridged birth certificate as well as a valid passport under the new regulations aimed at improving the safety of children.

Child travelling with both parents: Parents must provide an unabridged birth certificate and valid passport

Child travelling with one parent: Parent must provide an unabridged birth certificate, valid passport and an affidavit confirming that the absent parent has given permission for the child to travel

Child travelling with guardian: Guardian must provide an unabridged birth certificate, valid passport and an affidavit confirming the parents gave permission for the child to travel

Unaccompanied child: Child must provide unabridged birth certificate, valid passport and affidavit confirming permission to travel from both parents or legal guardians and a letter from person who will receive the child, including full details and a certified copy of their passport or identification document.

What airlines should I use ?

We recommend a direct flight.. Delta, South Africa Airways have direct flights out of Atlanta, Washington and New York.

KLM, Air France and United Airlines have flights over Europe. 

Please take note:  if bringing your own Rifles its not advisable to travel through Europe.

What Caliber of rifle should I bring? Ammo?

We recommend a 270 or larger for Plains Game, a 375 or larger is required for Dangerous Game.

Practice- Practice- Practice. A good quality bullet is recommended such as Barnes Tsx, Hornady etc.

Is it hard to get my Rifle thru Customs?

No, as long as the Temporary Importation Documents is completed correctly.

We recommend the service of Henry Durrheim from Rifle Permits to assist you with the process.  Email Henry: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.m.

You can also rent rifles from us.

Any recommendations for Bowhunters?

Preferrably a draw weight 65-70lbs, 50 lbs min. Cut on impact broadheads such as G5 Montec, Steelhead, Muzzy or Slicktrick all work well. Shots are usually 30 yards max. Bring at least a dozen arrows. For dangerous game 80lbs with an arrow that must generate 90 foot lbs of energy.

Do I need to bring a lot of clothes?

No, laundry is done daily so no need to overpack.

What currency is used in South Arica?

South African Rand (ZAR)

U.S dollars can be exchanged in U.S to Rand at most major banks, or at the South Africa Airport upon arrival.

U.S dollar can be used for gratuities.

Is there Cell Service at the lodge?

Very limited cell and internet services available at some of the lodges.

Make sure you contact your cell service provider to get set up before your arrive in South Africa.

Cell and Internet services available at the Office.

Do I need an electric converter for my U.S. devices?

South Africa's power supply is 220v (U.S. IS 110v). US devices such as air dryers and curling irons will not work in South Afirca. All rooms are equipped with a hair dryer. Electric converters are available to charge cell phones and note pads.