Thanks for Choosing Wild Wildebeest Safaris!
Below is just a few things that may help in Planning your Trip to South Africa.
Design your Safari:
- Choose your dates
- Do you want to add additional days to your Donation days ?
Pay your Deposit:
- A $1000 deposit is required to confirm your days on our booking sheet
- Your $1000 booking deposit will be credited towards your Safari account and can be used for additional days or animals
Book your Flghts:
- You need to fly into OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg (JNB) where Wild Wildebeest Safaris Professional Hunters will meet you upon arrival
- Delta Airlines and South African Airlines have direct flights from Atlanta, Georgia
- South African Airlines have direct flight from Washington DC or New York
- Flight through Europe are not advisable if you are traveling with rifles
- There are no special passport or entry requirements for US Citizens entering South Africa
- Make sure your passport is valid for 6 months after your expected date of return with 5 empty pages
- Please check with your airline for any airline requirements
Complete your Wild Wildebeest Safaris Documentation:
- You will receive a Wild Wildebeest Safaris Client Questionaire and Indemnity Form via Email
Spend time on the shooting range:
- We strongly recommend you spend enough time on the shooting range to ensure your success - getting used to shooting sticks and different shooting positions
Getting your Rifle into South Africa:
- Should you decide to use your own rifles, we recommend you use Henry Durrheim from Rifle Permits to assist you with Temporary Importation of your rifle into South Africa
- Should you want to bring your own rifle you will need an invitation letter from us at Wild Wildebeest Safaris
- Rifles are available for renting, ammunition will be provided at $5.50 per round when renting rifles.
- Please contact the Airlines for TSA regulations.
- Please consult your Doctor. Ask your Doctor about Hepatites A & B and Tetanus Shots before visiting South Africa.
What to bring - CLOTHING: (Daily Laundry service available)
- 2 long sleeve shirts
- 2 short sleeve shirts
- 2 long pants
- 2 shorts
- 1 hunting jacket
- 1 rain coat
- 1 warm sweater/sweatshirt
- 4 sets underwear
- 6 pairs of good wool socks
- 2 pair rubber soles walking shoes/hunting boots
- 1 pair gloves
- 1 pair comforable shoes to wear around lodge
What to bring - OTHER:
- Camera with extra SD Cards
- Small flashlight
- Rifle or Bow
- Medication and toiletries
- Sunscreen, lip balm insect repellent
- Dark Green / Cedar Green, Dark Brown or Camo Hat
- Dark Green / Cedar Green, Dark Brown or Camo Clothing
- Cigarettes and or tobacco if needed
- Hard Liquor can be bought "Duty Free" at Atlanta Airporrt.